Hiring a production stills photographer to accompany your video production, short film or movie can help support additional marketing campaign materials. Get the most out of your video by producing an entire stills campaign at the same time. If you’re in search of a unit stills photographer to take production stills while on a commercial shoot, TV or movie set; look no further.
Casey Templeton Photography has years of experience as an on-set stills photographer with advertisers and production crews. Having worked seamlessly with 50+ production companies, Casey captures quality film stills without getting in the way of production or interrupting crews or delicate production schedules. Casey Templeton Photography can work easily with your team to provide high-quality movie still photography on your next shoot.
Casey Templeton is a professional unit stills photographer based out of Nashville and services Richmond, Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. To learn more about our production stills, fill out our contact form to start the conversation.
What To Expect From a Production Stills Photographer
When you’re in the groove on the set of your video production, capturing stills at the same time without slowing down production can add tremendous value to a production. As an experienced unit stills photographer, Casey Templeton understands how to capture key moments without disrupting the production and is able to build a complete marketing campaign of stunning stills.
While every project is unique, most on-set stills engagements will follow an agenda similar to:
- Initial contact is made via contact form, phone call, email or referral
- You share your creative ideas (what you’re envisioning, inspiration and examples)
- You receive an initial proposal of approach, style and budget
- We collaborate on revisions until a final proposal is agreed upon and confirmed
- We align on scheduling, locations and other logistics
- We arrive on set and capture production stills
- You receive your images on the same day through a digital asset management (DAM) system
Why Invest In a Unit Stills Photographer?
iPhones have great cameras and entry-level digital cameras are reasonably priced. That doesn’t mean you’ll get professional quality marketing stills if you have just anybody take them. A professional unit stills photographer knows how to frame and capture key moments while navigating the set.
Here are a few reasons why it’s worthwhile to hire a production stills photographer:
- Stills used for marketing can increase the lifespan of your production
- Iconic marketing materials can help improve your production’s profit
- You’ll avoid spending more money editing and fixing bad production stills
- Pulling screenshots from your actual production doesn’t allow for strategic framing and composition
FAQs About On-Set Production Stills
What is included in your production stills photography services?
As mentioned before, every production is unique and will have a different approach. Some examples of what you can expect include:
- Shadowing a production and creating national and international ad campaigns
- In-situation shadow shooting
- On-site studio portraits using a cyc wall
How many assets should we expect to receive?
The number of assets you’ll receive varies by project. For each production, we take a unique approach that suits your needs and creative vision best.
Can you send examples of your unit stills?
You can find an extensive library of production stills in the gallery above. However, we can send additional examples if need be.
Contact Casey Templeton To Learn More About Production Stills
You’ve invested in every component of your production, so why try to cut corners when it comes to on-set stills? Casey Templeton is a professional unit stills photographer with extensive experience working in the industry. Contact Casey to learn more about our production stills or to get started on a project.